Thursday, April 6, 2017

Wolf in sheep's clothing

A nice article about one of my heroes from many years ago....Javagal Srinath

Pundits said nice things about his passion and grit, but few called him great. Because he wasn't a genuinely great fast bowler, right?

Maybe the Srinath you saw wasn't. And I understand that, because that's the one I saw in 1992. But what I saw after that - a bowler exerting remarkable dominance over my team - has made me wonder.

You might have seen an honest toiler who could nip out a few here and there. But I saw a strike bowler who dismissed South Africa's batsmen at a better strike rate than Warne, Murali and McGrath. I saw a man coming back over after over, Test after Test, year after year; excellent to the end.

Read the rest here

No comments:

Post a Comment